The goal of the x-callback-url specification is to provide a standardized means for iOS developers to expose and document the methods they make available to other apps. Using x-callback-url’s source apps can launch other apps passing data and context information, and also provide parameters instructing the target app to return data and control back to the source app after executing an action. Specific supported actions will be dependent on the individual apps and will not be discussed in the specification.
x-callback-url has been adopted by high profile apps such as Instapaper, Google Chrome and Drafts. Learn more and find links to individual app documentation on our Apps page.
We also hope to use this site as a hub for publishing information about app supporting URL schema-based methods.
Find out more…
- 1.0 DRAFT Spec : Read the specification for the protocol, consider implementing in your app.
- Examples : Use cases describing possible implementations
- Implementation : Sample code demonstrating how to implement x-callback-url in your apps.
- Apps : Registry of app supporting x-callback-url, with links to developer documentation
- Blog : News and updates regarding x-callback-url.